Potatoes With Garlic Scapes
- 2-3 yukon potatoes chopped into 6 pieces each
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 6-7 garlic scapes chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Gochagaru (Korean chili flakes)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 vup vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large pan, add oil over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add garlic, garlic scapes, and onions. Sauté for approximately 3-4 minutes, until garlic starts to get slightly brown.
- Add potatoes to pan and then add gochugaru, soy sauce, vinegar, and maple syrup. Stir until all potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add vegetable broth and reduce heat to medium low. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until liquid reduces and potatoes are nearly cooked (~15-17 minutes). With a large spoon, ladle the braising liquid over the potatoes every few minutes.
- When potatoes are nearly cooked, remove the lid and finish cooking (1-2 minutes).
- Drizzle sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds before serving.