The kind folks at Amazon Fresh reached out to me recently to see if I’d be interested in partnering with them to bring you some recipes for fall and upcoming holiday season. AND BOY WAS I EXCITED!! I love Amazon Fresh! I’ve been a customer of theirs since it existed–and those are truly the best [and only] partnerships I have the privilege of working on.
So, here are what my boyfriend declares to be the BEST muffins he’s ever had: Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Muffins. AND, because I made them for him, they are gluten free! I’ve recently switched gluten free flour blends and was so happy that Amazon Fresh offered my preferred brand. It has made an enormous difference in my gluten free pantry, so I encourage you all to try different blends before settling on one you trust.
These muffins are moist, bursting with autumn flavor, and you will be SO proud of yourself once you’ve made them. Like, “HOLY CRAP I ACTUALLY BAKED THESE!” They are super easy to make and take so little time, you’ll impress all your friends AND yourself!
So, give it a go and enjoy!!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins - Gluten Free
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3/8 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar (can substitute coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (can substitute hardened coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Stir together vinegar, non-dairy milk, and flax meal and set aside. This is your vegan buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (including chocolate chips), except for sugar. Set aside.
- In a standmixer, using the paddle attachment (you can also use a hand mixer), mix vegan butter and sugar until light yellow on medium high. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and vegan buttermilk. Continue mixing on medium and gradually mix in dry ingredients in three parts. Be sure to take a rubber spatula down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the flour is incorporated.
- Using ice cream scooper or two spoons, scoop muffin batter (which will be a thick paste) into muffin liners. Smooth out the tops with the back of a spoon as much as possible before placing in the center rack of the oven.
- Bake for approximately 18-22 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Once removed from the oven, let them rest in the muffin pan for approximately 10 minutes before removing them to enjoy!