Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Recipe Difficulty: Very Easy
Servings Amount: 20
Recipe Lead: …for when you want to impress your friends with kimchee….
- 2 large zucchini
- 2-4 tbsp Korean salt* (you can also use sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, but use less salt)
- 1/4 onion (sliced thin)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Korean pepper powder**
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Split each zucchini lengthwise first, and then chop each half into half moons.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and add in salt. Stir until all zucchini is well coated in salt. Let sit for approximately 40 minutes until zucchini gets “bendy.”
- Rinse zucchini thoroughly under cold water to remove excess salt. Squeeze dry with paper towel (zucchini should not be dripping water) and place back into large (dry) bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Place in jar for a few days OR eat right away. Either way, it tastes so freaking good and you just made yourself some kimchee. BAM.
You can watch me make this here.