Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Recipe Difficulty: Very Easy
Servings Amount: 4
Recipe Lead: …for when you don’t know what to do with that lonely box of tofu in your fridge…
- 1 13 oz. box extra firm tofu (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp potato starch (can sub corn starch)
- 3 tbsp sesame oil*
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (corn syrup, if you dare…)
- 1 tbsp Korean pepper powder**
- 1 1/2 tbsp gochujang^
- 1 tbsp Korean BBQ marinade
- 1 handful dried chilis`
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- Coat tofu with potato starch.
- Cook tofu in sesame oil over medium-high heat until all sides are browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In same pan, add 1 tbsp sesame oil and add garlic, maple syrup, Korean pepper powder, gochujang, dried chilis, Korean bbq marinade and stir.
- Add back the tofu, together with 1/2 cup of water. Cook over low heat until sauce thickens (should take about a minute).
- Throw on some scallions as garnish and serve while warm.
- Repress the urge to send me a thank you card for this recipe. Or don’t. 😉