Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Recipe Difficulty: Very Easy
Servings Amount: 4
Recipe Lead: Healthy, paleo, vegan Korean comfort food at its best!
- 1 cup dried mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp quinoa flour
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp black beans
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Submerge 1 cup of dried mushrooms in 2 cups of cold filtered water.
- Chop up cauliflower and place in food processor. Using the “chop” button, pulse food processor until cauliflower looks like little “rice” or quinoa kernels
- Mince shallot, garlic. Chop shitake mushrooms, spring onion, and seeded jalapeño.
- Add mushroom/water and sherry to small saucepan. Bring to boil.
- In a separate, saute shallots and deglaze with a splash of sherry vinegar. Add garlic, cauliflower.
- Pour mushroom dashi through sieve into cauliflower and bring to boil. Stir in quinoa flour until congee thickens.
- In a saute pan, saute mushrooms until caramelized
- Add beans, jalapeño, and soy sauce. Stir well.
- Serve in large bowl, and garnish with sesame seeds, spring onion, and drizzle of sesame oil.