- 1 3/4 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plant milk plus 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan butter slightly melted
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 11/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons soy milk powder
- 1 drop pink food coloring
- 2 cups fresh raspberries for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together vegan butter, strawberry preserves, sugar, vanilla extract, and plant milk + vinegar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift flower and add remaining dry ingredients.
- Whisk dry ingredients together, and then add wet ingredients.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly between two greased 7-inch cake pans (I used a scale to do this).
- Place in the oven and bake for ~35 minutes, until the edges of the cake begin to pull away from the pans and the center is springy.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the plans for ~10 minutes before sliding a sharp knife around the edges and removing them. Then, allow them to cool for at least 1 hour.
- In the meantime, using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix together all ingredients for frosting. When cakes are completely cool, add frosting b/t the two layers, as well as on top and down the sides. Add raspberries for decoration.Ber
Sign Up For a FREE Copy of Our E-Book! Sign Up Here!