Last week, we talked about the “last straw,” and how in the case of Amy Porterfield, it propelled her to make a radical change in her career. This week, Jamie asks whether she should make the change before she even really gets started:
For my response, tune in to this week’s podcast!
- What I’m Watching: We are very late to this party, but Anthony and I have fallen, head-first, into the Blacklist wormhole. We are making our way through all nine existing seasons, with the hope that we only make it out in time to watch the 10th and final season of this totally immersive stage for James Spader’s brilliant snark. We are also looking forward to the conclusion of The Glory, the much anticipated return of Song Hye-Kyo to Kdrama land.
- The Are You Ready? with Joanne Molinaro Podcast: As you all know, I launched a podcast last year. For the most part, it consisted of me reading this newsletter out loud (which is actually how it all started–I was proofreading the newsletter aloud and decided to post it as a podcast!). Beginning with last week’s episode, the podcast is now called, Are You Ready with Joanne Molinaro, featuring interviews with inspiring and empowering people from all walks of life. Don’t worry–you’ll still get a heavy dose of good, old-fashioned, Joanne-style storytelling in each one (together with lots of Anthony’s music!); so, if you haven’t already, make sure to subscribe to the Are You Ready Podcast!!
- University of Nebraska Event: If any of you will be in Lincoln, Nebraska this week, I’ll be speaking at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on March 2 at 7:30 pm. You can learn more about the event here.
This Week’s Kollective Recipe.
This week’s recipe is the inspired viral Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich that’s so popular on TikTok right now. I’ve always loved adding caramelized kimchi to cheesy things (like in my Kimchi Mac n’ Cheese or in my Kimchi Cheese Fries), so this pairing seemed like a no-brainer. My “twist,” of course, is the caramelization. For those who have my cookbook, you’ll find it familiar (from the Dooboo Kimchi recipe). Sauté the kimchi in some sesame oil, gochujang, and a little sweetener to give it that extra “umph” for your sandwich. Another bonus twist? I add a little sweetener to the butter I use for the bread. This is an homage to Korean street toast, which I thought was entirely appropriate given what we’re sandwiching Kimchi between two pieces of bread! Because the sweetener can burn easily, make sure to cook this over medium heat, so that your vegan cheese has enough time to melt!
Kimchi Grilled Cheese
1 cup kimchi ½ tbsp sesame oil 1 tbsp gochujang 2 tbsps maple syrup 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 whole head roasted garlic 2 tbsp vegan butter 1 tsp fresh chives 4 slices bread 2 slices vegan cheese ½ cup shredded vegan cheese
- Mix together kimchi, sesame oil, gochujang, and 1 tbsp maple syrup. Sauté in sauté pan with ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil for about 2 minutes, until kimchi is tender. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together roasted garlic, vegan butter, chives, and 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- Spread butter onto one side of each slice of bread. Place two slices of bread, butter side down, on non-stick skillet or cast iron over medium heat. Layer on sliced vegan cheese, kimchi mixture, and shredded vegan cheese. Top with remaining slices of bread, butter side up.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, until bottom is starting to brown and gently flip using a spatula (make sure to use a silicon spatula if using a non-stick pan). Cook for another 3 minutes.
Want instant access to thousands of plant-based recipes like this one? Check out The Korean Vegan Kollective, a downloadable web-app that unlocks:
- 2,000+ delicious and personalized plant-based recipes
- complete nutritional information for every recipe
- integrated grocery shopping lists and grocery delivery in select areas
- access to one-on-one food coaching
- live cooking demonstrations
- exclusive articles and videos from me and my team
That’s it for today, everyone! Talk to you next week!