I came up with this Vegan Apple Donuts recipe using only pantry only ingredients because, let’s face it, getting fresh stuff can be a challenge these days. I was worried that the lack of fresh apples would make a dent in my original donut recipe, but I was pleased to discover that these donuts tasted JUST AS FREAKING AMAZING. This recipe is also so simple to make. Even if you’ve never made donuts in your life, this is the best recipe to pop your donut making cherry, trust me.
The other nice thing about these Vegan Apple Donuts (other than being dairy and egg free, of course!) is that they are baked, not fried. In fact, I prefer baking these donuts as opposed to frying them. They are fluffy, light, and pair perfectly with your morning coffee. The rich cinnamon sugar will satisfy your sweet without decaying it, and you won’t feel quite as badly about eating 4 of them in one sitting (this is very possible, especially shortly after they are dusted with the aforementioned cinnamon sugar…).
I actually made a version of these donuts a local restaurant here in Chicago (they liked my desserts a lot!). They were sold out in 3 hours, so… you do the math. Make Vegan Apple Donuts for yourself and your family this weekend and be the star of your kitchen!
Other recipes you’ll love:
Vegan Apple Donuts with Pantry Only Ingredients!
- Pour apple cider/juice into small pot over high heat until it boils. Then reduce heat to simmer until you have about 1/2 cup of cider/juice left (~20 mins).
- Set reduced cider/juice aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking pan with vegan butter, oil, non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients. Add cooled apple cider/juice. Whisk everything together.
- Spoon or pipe batter into baking pan. Place the pan in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- While donuts are cooling, mix together sugar and cinnamon for topping.
- Dip donuts in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar on both sides.