Original recipe from the legendary Cooking with Dog.
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Servings Amount: 16
Recipe Lead: …for when your mom commands you to bake something…
- 200g cake flour
- 60g almond meal
- 1tsp salt
- 120g dairy free butter
- 100g confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (bean juice)
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 bar dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- Cream butter with hand mixer until fluffy. Slowly incorporate powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add soy milk and aquafaba (room temperature) to butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, almond meal, and salt. Incorporate flour mixture into butter mixture until dough forms.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead over floured surface for a few minutes.
- Place dough in large ziplock bag (gallon size). With rolling pin, roll the dough out until it fills the entirety of the ziplock bag. Place dough on flat surface in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from freezer. Cut the sides of the ziplock back to peel back and remove dough. At this point, it should be quite firm. Cut the dough into cookie shapes using a sharp knife or cookie molds.
- Place in oven at 350° F for approximately 17-21 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool completely.
- Prepare chocolate ganache by chopping up chocolate. Heat soy milk in microwave for 10 seconds and add to chocolate. Stir with small whisk until chocolate melts and becomes lustrous and shiny.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Give them to your mom when you want food, money, or laundry.