Cooking Time: 1 hour
Recipe Difficulty: Very Easy
Servings Amount: 1
Recipe Lead: …for when Starbucks has stopped making pumpkin spice lattes…
- 1 3/4 cups + 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup sesame flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice syrup (dairy free)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (cold)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Stir together 1/2 cup soy milk with vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and stir with whisk.
- Incorporate cubes of cold vegan butter with hands or pastry cutter until flour mixture is mealy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, soy milk+vingar mixture, sesame oil and pumpkin spice syrup. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Using wooden spoon, mix together wet and dry ingredients until dough starts to form. You can use your hands if it’s easier.
- Remove semi-formed dough from bowl and place on a floured surface. Begin forming into rectangle.
- Fold the sides of the rectangle in and rotate the dough by 90° and repeat folding. Rotate again and fold, etc. etc. Do this 4-6 times.
- Flatten dough out into a rectangle and cut into triangles with sharp knife.
- Place on a baking sheet (you can pick up my favorite here) and brush the tops with 1 tbsp soy milk + 1 tbsp maple syrup mixture.
- Bake at 400° F for 18-22 minutes until golden brown on top.