Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Difficulty: Very Easy
Servings Amount: 6
Recipe Lead: …for that time you bought this green leaf but had no idea what to do with it…
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (to keep it GF)
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Korean pepper powder*
- 1/2 Fresno chili (sliced)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 20-30 fresh perilla leaves**
- Mix all ingredients together to make brine/dressing.
- Place one perilla leaf in an airtight container (like a large mason jar or tupperware). Spoon a little of the dressing onto the top of the leaf. It does not need to be neat and it does not need to cover the entire leaf.
- Place a second leaf on top of the first one and repeat until all leaves are stacked and covered with dressing.
- Pour any remaining dressing over the top of the stack.
- Place in fridge for one day and enjoy with rice.
*You can buy Korean pepper powder here.
**This is what perilla leaves look like. You can buy them at your local Asian grocery store.