Cooking Time: 90 minutes
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Servings Amount: 4
Recipe Lead: …for a flavorful hearty salad that doesn’t leave you feeling like you ate nothing.
Omma’s Korean BBQ Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (can use Tamari sauce for GF option)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 kiwi or pear
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp bee free honee, agave, or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 7-8 oz. glass noodles*
- 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (julienned)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 eggplant (julienned)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion sliced
- Blend all the ingredients for marinade in a high powered blender until smooth. [The recipe gives you enough for dozens of servings. You’ll only need a couple tablespoons for this particular recipe, so put the rest in some tupperware or a mason jar and stick it in the freezer/fridge for future use in salads, soups, stir-fries!]
- Submerge glass noodles in water for 30-60 minutes.
- Lightly sautee all veggies (except for green onions)–one by one–in sesame oil. Season with salt if you like your salad salty (the marinade has quite a bit of salt in it from the soy sauce). Do not overcook your veggies–you don’t want them soggy, just slightly cooked. Set aside sautéed veggies in large bowl.
- Drain soaking noodles. Place in boiling water for approximately 1-2 minutes. Drain noodles and drop into an ice bath to prevent further cooking. Drain noodles.
- Add noodles to bowl of sautéed veggies. Add 2 tbsp of sesame oil, as well as 2-3 tbsp of the marinade, the sesame seeds, and green onions. Stir together until well combined.
*You can pick up glass noodles here.