This is a veganized modification of my favorite muffin recipe. You can find the original (non-vegan) recipe here.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
Servings Amount: 6
Recipe Lead: …for that day when you want something dessert-y but not chocolate (yes, that day exists….)….
- 1 1/6 cup (170 g) flour (you can sub in your favorite GF Flour)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (85 g) vegan butter*
- 1/4 cup soy milk (you can also sub in pea milk)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup flour (you can substitute GF flour)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (you can substitute GF oats)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Mix together soy milk together with vinegar. Set aside.
- In the bowl for a stand mixer (or a large bowl if using a hand-mixer), add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, coriander, lemon zest and vegan butter. Mix using paddle attachment on medium-low speed, until butter is incorporated and flour mixture is mealy (yes, that is a word).
- Add aquafaba, lemon juice and then soy milk + vinegar mixture and beat on high speed until your batter is a very light and creamy paste. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon evenly into a lined muffin tin (trust me, you want to use muffin liners).
- For the crumble topping stir together flour, sugar, and rolled oats. Incorporate softened vegan butter with your fingers until you achieve a “crumbly” texture. Sprinkle crumble on top of muffin batter.
- Bake at 425° F for the first seven (7) minutes, and then at 350° F for the remaining 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on cooling rack for the 37 agonizing seconds you can stand to not eat all of them.
- Congratulate yourself for successfully baking the only muffin recipe you will ever use again ever.
*You can find my favorite vegan butter here or at your local retailer.